It was great to work with innovative company, Newlife Paints recently as they prepared to take part in Grand Designs Live exhibition in London. Newlife Paints Ltd Newlife Paints Ltd is an environmentally-friendly company based in West Sussex. The company was the brain child of Industrial Chemist, Keith Harrison, who was looking for a way [...]
You are here: Home
Inks and varnishes are one of the few key raw materials used by the printer; they play a crucial role in the label printing process. Inks You may think that ink is just ink and that it’s the plates, press and skill of the printer that make all the difference when it comes to print [...]
Printing is a very old art! We can find examples of basic Chinese woodblock printing, dating back to as early as 220AD. At the beginning of the C10th, a more flexible, movable type printing method began to emerge. This method continued to develop until 1440 when the Gutenberg printing press transformed the entire process. It [...]
Halftones and dots are very much part of the reprographic department however it is important to understand the role they play in the printing process. What is halftone in printing? In printing, the screen or plate is only capable of printing a solid area. Since photographs and images are made up of various tones ranging [...]
We have a passion for wine labels at AJS, so much so that we have extended our capability to meet the demands of this exciting market. This year we have enjoyed working with some of the UKs top wine producers. AJS Labels is ideally situated in the middle of the south coast, right at the [...]
What is CMYK? CMYK are abbreviations for the four colours used in process printing – cyan, magenta, yellow and black. The K comes from the traditional printing description of black, as it is the black plate that is used to ‘key’ or align all other plates. Cyan, magenta and yellow are the primary colours that [...]
AJS Labels attend The Body Shop Suppliers Day 2013 The Body Shop hosted its 2013 Suppliers Day in London two weeks ago, focussing on the key challenges and expectations for the future. The day, as usual, was brilliantly organised kicking off with International Values & R&D Director, Paul McGreevy. Paul reminded suppliers of the unique [...]
It’s great to be part of something that’s extremely glamorous and something that does a huge amount of good at the same time! That’s why we were delighted to supply labels to the ethical company, Life Water. Life Water is the brainchild of eco-entrepreneurs Simon Konecki and Lucas White, who set up the company to [...]
Adhesives & labels- It’s a sticky subject A bit of history! Self-adhesive labels were invented in 1935 by Stan Avery who, after extensive trial and error, created an unusual device using an old washing machine motor and a spare sewing machine clutch and it stamped out labels. Since then the self-adhesive labels market has grown [...]
The market for self-adhesive labels is growing every year and greatly exceeds that of any other labelling method. This growth is being achieved for good reason – it is by far the most versatile, flexible and innovative labelling format, not least in terms of the variety of substrates on offer. Understanding what substrates are on [...]
Latest on Twitter
1 week ago
1 week ago
- AJS Labels wins Printing Industries top award 22/06/2011
- BRC Certification opens doors for AJS Labels 15/05/2012
- AJS Labels’ great performance 09/02/2012
- Back-to-basics. Part1. Creating the right self-adhesive labels 29/01/2013
- The Apprentice hires AJS Labels! 30/05/2012
- AJS Labels at Grand Design Live 14/05/2013
- Back-to-basics. Part 7. Inks and varnishes in the label printing 25/04/2013
- Back-to-basics. Part 6. Plates and screens 10/04/2013
- Back-to-basics. Part 5. The halftone printing process & dots 27/03/2013
- Wine labels – it’s what we love! 18/03/2013
- AJS Labels: Thank you Bobby! We are glad you enjoyed. Come bac...
- Bobby: Hey, Really enjoies reading that blog, Ive learnt...
- Tom Slaiter: Interesting post, was entertaining to read. I mys...
- Anna @ Linco Care: Congratulations! Apprentice stars!!!...
- AJS Labels: Bonjour Edwin!!!! Thank you very much! I'm glad yo...