Welcome to the last in the series It’s all in the small print Part 5. This blog, whilst not carrying any legal authority*, is designed to help you interpret the new EU Regulation 1169/2011 which comes into effect on 13th December this year. In this blog we take a look at major changes to nutrition labelling [...]
You are here: Home News
This is one of my favourite labels for 2014 and it’s a really tough one to print. The customer’s brief was to produce a sophisticated-looking label that would give their own-brand skincare range an exclusive feel, well-placed to compete with more expensive brands. We like a challenge! The fine shading across the label was achieved [...]
Many people talk about partnerships in business and it’s often an overused term. At AJS Labels it’s simply how we work but we really appreciate it when customers go out of their way to say thank you. In this guest blog Tim Gill, Strategic Projects Manager AkzoNobel, writes about one of his recent experiences with [...]
AJS Labels has just opened a brand new factory in Featherstone, West Yorkshire. Strategically-based on the M62/M1/A1 corridor, the factory provides a state-of-the-art second stand-alone site for the company. Since moving into private ownership five years ago, AJS Labels has turned from a loss-making company to one that reliably generates a healthy profit. This success [...]
AJS Labels is expanding in the north and establishing a new site in the Leeds/Wakefield area. We are looking to appoint a number of key staff to join this exciting team. Flexo Printer AJS Labels is an award-winning company, producing self-adhesive labels of the very highest standard for a range of clients from small local [...]
AJS Labels attend The Body Shop Suppliers Day 2013 The Body Shop hosted its 2013 Suppliers Day in London two weeks ago, focussing on the key challenges and expectations for the future. The day, as usual, was brilliantly organised kicking off with International Values & R&D Director, Paul McGreevy. Paul reminded suppliers of the unique [...]
It’s great to be part of something that’s extremely glamorous and something that does a huge amount of good at the same time! That’s why we were delighted to supply labels to the ethical company, Life Water. Life Water is the brainchild of eco-entrepreneurs Simon Konecki and Lucas White, who set up the company to [...]
VACANCIES – AJS Labels is looking to appoint five key members of staff Machine Operator for Digital Finishing equipment This is an excellent opportunity to work in our state-of-the-art digital department. We are an award-winning, print company with the very latest HP digital press and finishing kit. We are looking to recruit 2 self-motivated, enthusiastic [...]
Nick Gibb, MP for Littlehampton, returned to printing company, AJS Labels, on Friday 11th January 2013 to commission the latest £1m investment. This is the third visit to the site by Nick. He opened the printing company in April 2009 when husband and wife team Andrew and Jayne Scrimgeour, bought the struggling company, inheriting losses of [...]
Our customer wanted clever sticker sheets with four colour printing on the backing paper, for a special release of the DVD Secret of the Wings This new TinkerBell movie, is the fourth in the series and features popular characters and voices from the previous three movies. In this magical adventure, TinkerBell ventures into the mysterious [...]
Latest on Twitter
@AJSLabels: RT @Rhapsody_Media: 35 creepy Halloween fonts http://t.co/NKJICUGM1X via @naldzgraphics
15 hours ago
@AJSLabels: It's nearly #Halloween & there's some scarey #packaging #labels out there! http://t.co/vO4BNd87Cn http://t.co/91Z5l77vdq
16 hours ago
- Back-to-basics. Part 6. Plates and screens 10/04/2013
- AJS Labels wins Printing Industries top award 22/06/2011
- Back-to-basics. Part1. Creating the right self-adhesive labels 29/01/2013
- Tactile Warning Symbols and EU Regulation ISO 11683 16/05/2014
- Back-to-basics. Part 3. Adhesives & labels – it’s a sticky subject 27/02/2013
- Die-cut labels let the product speak for itself! 29/10/2014
- Training & our PrintWeek Trainee of the Year 23/10/2014
- EU Regulation 1169/2011 Food Information for Consumers Part 5. 30/09/2014
- EU Regulation 1169/2011 Food Information for Consumers Part 4. 24/09/2014
- EU Regulation 1169/2011 Food Information for Consumers Part 3. 19/09/2014
- Jayne Scrimgeour: Thanks James. I'm afraid I don't know any other bl...
- www.posteralley.ca: Hello! This is mʏ 1ѕt ϲomment here so I just wan...
- Jayne Scrimgeour: Thanks for your interest in our blogs. I'm plannin...
- get retweets: Have you ever thought about publishing an ebook or...
- AJS Labels: If you'd like to read how we rose to the challeng...