It’s been a heavy week at AJS Labels with 3 important audits in just 4 days! Being audited by an external company is always a nerve-racking process, so we were delighted and proud to pass BRC, ISO 9001 and ASDA’s Ethical Audit with flying colours. British Retail Consortium Accreditation for Packaging and Packaging Materials The [...]
You are here: Home News
Senior Account Manager, Kelly Smith, was awarded the AJS Labels Tim Gittings Trophy on Friday. This is the third month that this commemorative trophy has been awarded, following the death of AJS Labels’ Sales Director Tim Gittings, in December. Kelly joined the company in 2002 and spent the first 2 years working in a number [...]
We’ve got off to a great start with plenty to keep us busy and some big announcements later this year, so keep your eyes peeled! Meanwhile, owner Andrew Scrimgeour discusses what we should be looking out for in the world of labels 2015 and his plans for the next 5 years. The world of labels [...]
It’s that time of year again when we look back over the last 12 months at what we have achieved as a company and where we are heading in 2015. It’s also a time when we celebrate the fantastic achievements and contributions made by of our staff at the AJS Labels Awards party. This year [...]
We are very proud to have been awarded the most prestigious Packaging News Investment Project of the Year Award 2014, for the establishment of AJS North, our new site in Yorkshire. AJS Labels is a company that has moved from losses of over £334k five years ago, to one of sustained profitable growth. This success [...]
Welcome to the last in the series It’s all in the small print Part 5. This blog, whilst not carrying any legal authority*, is designed to help you interpret the new EU Regulation 1169/2011 which comes into effect on 13th December this year. In this blog we take a look at major changes to nutrition labelling [...]
This is one of my favourite labels for 2014 and it’s a really tough one to print. The customer’s brief was to produce a sophisticated-looking label that would give their own-brand skincare range an exclusive feel, well-placed to compete with more expensive brands. We like a challenge! The fine shading across the label was achieved [...]
Many people talk about partnerships in business and it’s often an overused term. At AJS Labels it’s simply how we work but we really appreciate it when customers go out of their way to say thank you. In this guest blog Tim Gill, Strategic Projects Manager AkzoNobel, writes about one of his recent experiences with [...]
AJS Labels has just opened a brand new factory in Featherstone, West Yorkshire. Strategically-based on the M62/M1/A1 corridor, the factory provides a state-of-the-art second stand-alone site for the company. Since moving into private ownership five years ago, AJS Labels has turned from a loss-making company to one that reliably generates a healthy profit. This success [...]
AJS Labels is expanding in the north and establishing a new site in the Leeds/Wakefield area. We are looking to appoint a number of key staff to join this exciting team. Flexo Printer AJS Labels is an award-winning company, producing self-adhesive labels of the very highest standard for a range of clients from small local [...]
Latest on Twitter
@AJSLabels: RT @designcognition: packaging-PULSE is out! http://t.co/dndtchUXNm Stories via @MPH_Limited @AJSLabels @KitchenTheory
16 hours ago
@AJSLabels: Apparently size does matter Consumers crave #packaging size variety http://t.co/VYyWTGjxuf http://t.co/jg2kmMTDdj
17 hours ago
- AJS Labels wins Printing Industries top award 22/06/2011
- Back-to-basics. Part 6. Plates and screens 10/04/2013
- Not just label printing companies 03/03/2011
- AJS Labels’ great performance 09/02/2012
- Shhhhh… 08/04/2011
- AJS Labels achieves BRC, ISO 9001 and ASDA Ethical Trading certification in 4 days 27/03/2015
- The Tim Gittings Trophy awarded to AJS Label’s Account Manager, Kelly Smith 16/03/2015
- AJS Labels provide a full Thermal Transfer Ribbon service 09/03/2015
- AJS Labels awarded ‘Approved label supplier’ status by Asda 19/02/2015
- Everything you need to know about a beer label! 18/02/2015
- Jayne Scrimgeour: Thanks Chris. Yes a good time was had by all!...
- Jayne Scrimgeour: Thanks for your interest in our blogs. I'm plannin...
- google plus android: Great info. Lucky me I recently found your site by...
- Ryan: Nice to see someone can post this kind of informat...
- Company Site: Great job on this blog post....