Paramount - Family Stars
- To create a label that featured concealed variable ID codes to be applied on the DVD cover
- To produce labels with computer-generated sequential numbering and a piggyback overlabel
- Numerous trials were carried out to guarantee the overlabel was completely opaque and securely concealed the unique code.
- The shape was critical in ensuring that our applicator was able to pick up and perfectly marry the two labels.
- To produce the base label our repro operators had to work with new software to import two million codes into an Excel programme before breaking them down into separate batch files of 42,000 codes. This information was then sent to the Indigo computer to be randomised and combined with the artwork files. Once printed, the labels were varnished with silicone to allow the overlabel to be peeled off and cut on the finishing unit.
- The over label was also printed on the digital press. Two coats of white ink were initially laid down to produce an opaque layer, followed by 4 colour process design.
- Applying two labels in perfect registration.
- Variable data on the digital press
- Two labels applied by using rewind machine with attached applicator